Happy Holidays!!

Happy Holidays!!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hard Day....

Averie and I had a particularly difficult day yesterday.  We are really struggling to get her to take her bottles.  I mean, there are some days when I do good to get 8 ounces down her.  All the doctors and feeding experts tell me that she should be taking 20-24 ounces of formula per day.   Andrew is taking that much easily.  We are not sure what is going on with Averie, but we all, meaning me, Bruce, and my mother, think that her ears are bothering her.  We are heading back to the GI doctor today, but I don't really think he will be able to help us.  Anyway, yesterday Averie was so hungry and you could tell easily that she was hungry, but everytime I would put the bottle to her mouth she would suck a couple of times and then either turn her head or swat the bottle out of her mouth with her hand.  It was extremely frustrating for me and for her.  She just fought me all day and because she was hungry she didn't nap at ALL!!!!  This picture was taken at about 8:30 last night.  I was about to give her a bath so I got Bruce to go ahead and give her her medicine.  While he was giving Andrew his medicine, Averie just conked out.  I just let her sleep and bathed Andrew first indstead.  I have no more ideas on how to help Averie.  It is very hard to watch her be so hungry, but unable to eat.  Any ideas anyone??

No comments: