Happy Holidays!!

Happy Holidays!!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Destination.......Dallas

We traveled to Dallas, TX to visit Bruce's family over Labor Day weekend. Traveling with TWO two year olds in a plane for seven hours is quite an adventure. Coming home was much more difficult, but we made it! My favorite day on our trip was the day we went to Fort Worth, Tx. I was born in Fort Worth but I don't remember living there. So this was the first time I had visited there since I was born. We went to the Historic Stockyards to watch the cattle drive and eat some good BBQ. There is no such thing as good BBQ in Alaska. Averie and Andrew had a blast watching the cows, riding the little rides, and visiting the petting zoo. We also road down to the seminary where my dad attended. I was able to fine the apartments that we lived in when I was born. We also drove by the hospital where I was born. It was kind of cool to see all of that. We had a nice time in Texas, but I was glad to get home.


Andrew did not like sitting on the cow!
The other thing that Andrew and Averie love about Dallas is getting to hang out with Granny. She had lots of books and they read together for hours while we were there.

No comments: