Happy Holidays!!

Happy Holidays!!

Monday, August 3, 2009

First Hike in Alaska


We went on our first hike in Alaska yesterday.  We drove about ten miles out to the Eagle River Nature Center and hiked for about 2 miles.  We have purchased hiking backpacks to carry the babies because strollers are not an option out there.  The first picture is the view at the start of our hike.  

Averie proved to be quite the hiker.  She LOVED it!!  She smiled and talked the entire way.  She also jumped up and down in the backpack which was quite fun for me.  I know these look like they would be heavy, but the pack itself just weighs 4 pounds.  It really wasn't so bad.  Oh, Averie also loved pulling my hair!!
When Andrew first got in his pack he was very nervous.  After a while though, he was smiling and happy just like his sister.  

We hiked out to this hollow tree, which proved to be a good place for taking pictures.  
Our first family photo on a hike in Alaska.  Aren't you all very proud of me for doing this?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great pictures. Aaah, the memories you'll have from living there! What a neat experience...

Al, Angelica,Abigail,Matthew, and Gabrielle said...

I am very proud of you. I know you will make this time in Alaska an adventure. Miss you and love you guys. I wish we could get together for a game.:(